Sunday, December 06, 2009

visitor?


(mijo and me...because honeyboy doesn't
hold still long enough to take pictures)


I look upon everything as a brotherhood and a sisterhood, and I look upon time as no more than an idea, and I consider eternity as another possibility ... When it's over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms ... I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.

~ Mary Oliver ~
from her poem "When Death Comes"

I'd like to live that way, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh me too

Tracy said...

Oh, these words, Wanda...thank you for the reminder--we must live rich and deep each day! And so lovely to see you...and Mijo! :o)

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I so want to be a bride married to amazement!

Deb Shucka said...

Me, too. No one says it better than Mary. Such a sweet kitty!