Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008. Don't let the door hit you in the backside on your way out.


Good bye to your ice storms and icicles. Thanks for making it easy to bid you adieu.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I am not grateful. I appreciate all the good things that came through you. I mean, take a look at the election. And the road trip to Wyoming. Time with family. Sunny summer into late fall. Healing. Movies...lots and lots of movies.

Let's be honest. You have been challenging for me. I spent the year being unable to work much because of my health and lack of energy and that meant using up a lot of savings. The wars continued. The economy tanked. Corruption was exposed--wait, maybe that should go in the previous paragraph.

2009, I'm ready. Let's move forward. Let's blow this pop stand and find some real fun and adventure. Let's find a way to work together and stop blaming each other for the ills we see around us. Let's use some of the angry energy to propel us into solutions. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you won't let me down, because I am going to try to stand up to my word.

My word for the year is RICH. I want richness in all its manifestations--and I want to become more aware and grateful for the richness I already have.

Tonight I am waiting for you to arrive--you'll recognize me...I'm the one in the blue sweatshirt with no cuffs and micro-holes all over. Believe it or not, I feel rich in this threadbare shirt. I feel powerful in my own skin.


I'll be drinking Black Bubbles. Hopefully, all the way to the bottom of the bottle.


So long, 2008. You served your purpose and I am grateful. You made me so ready for what is next. You made me yearn for 2009.

(And that part about being true to my word? I admit, I have already failed. I promised CWL a response to her question. I thought I would do it today. Didn't happen. I'm sorry. It's in my queue. I won't make another promise about a date to expect it, but it will be soon. I will send you a message to let you know when I've posted. Thanks.)

3 comments:

Oregon's Superhero said...

Hi Wanda.
I had a chance to go to the gym by myself today..a rather odd arrangement at that, but there I was soaking in the warmth of the hot tub...and the gym was almost empty by the way. This thought came to me.

I want to feel warm and rich, and purely what I want to be in my core, and lately I've been filled with little itchy gritchy yuck that comes out of me at the oddest times.

I began to think about the core of me. This little light of mine...
and began to think of how a yummy candle works. Have you ever notice how beautiful a NEW candle is? How the fragrance just radiates as the candle's lit. It's pure, and it just fills the room with the most amazing sense of love, as if the air is cared about, because the candle is lit. But that with the blow out, and the re-light, and the few matches -oops- dropped in there, that the crud starts to settle in the bottem, and the fragrance dilutes. And by about the tenth time, or the 12 month, in this case, the candle runs gives off light, but shares very little of that beauty, even stinkin bad when it runs into that burnt match at the bottom.
What did I want for my candle within my core to radiate? How often do I consider what radiates from me as important.
As I warmed up, and thought of the love, the family, my care for my world and the things that feel most pure, that I wish to give off in my aura, I realized it was time to swim and firm the wax!
I was done in the hot tub and headed for the swim. Dang if they weren't filling that pool! yikes IT WAS COLD!

But the thought in the hot tub was good, and I wanted to share it with you. Wishing you special sharing moments, as all that you are radiates from your warmth and light within.
Tiersa

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Oh, sweet Wanda, take your time. These stains have nothing but time!

We might need to "tease out" why the no cuffs, though, don't you get chilly?

And, are you trying to tell me that you can get RED Champagne, or sparkling wine, or whatever it's called? Now we're talking! White wine is TFBS!

Wanda said...

Tiersa, I am glad you found me. Thanks for sharing your end of year story with us. What a lovely transition to the new year! Thanks for your comments.

CWL...YES! The particular bottle from last night is called Shingleback McLaren Vale "Black Bubbles" Sparkling Shiraz.

No cuffs because they had more than micro-holes at the seams and basically fell off. I usually push my sleeves half way up my forearms anyway.

TFBS? Too fucking bullshit? I'm behind on the acronyms. Fill me in.

BTW, I didn't make it to the bottle of the Shiraz. It just means there is still some celebrating to do!