Saturday, January 23, 2010

good bye dad




There is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for.

~ Paulo Coelho ~

This morning we say good bye to my dad. It is always good to see people we know and love and we will enjoy having a chance to talk about Dad and his life with them.

Tomorrow I'll take my sister to the airport so she can head home. Mom and my brother will be here in Tillamook and I will head back home.

We will all begin our new normal...whatever that will be.

I will miss them all.


10 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Blessings to you all as you reach for new normal.

Love.

Deb Shucka said...

Love and blessings to you all. Take care of yourself.

CSI Chick said...

seems i have had to discover a few new normals too close together. will be glad to see my mom, i will miss my grandpa during my time on earth, i miss you all so far away.

Susan O'Neil said...

Our thoughts are with you all. Safe travels.

Joan said...

And I will miss all of you more than I can say.

SE'LAH... said...

a new normal...always adjusting but you will. thinking of you. xo

Umā said...

New normal is a perfect way to describe it. Thinking of you and your family.

Operaton You said...

Wanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. The thing about normalcy is that it always change and the change becomes are new normalcy. I so understand about losing someone as special as your dad. Just know that I'm sending you love, a hug and big piece of my heart!

kath said...

Wanda, I am so sorry for your loss. It is such a hard time.
You are in my thoughts.

hooray said...

Blessings, peace and love to you!