Sunday, April 03, 2011

birthday update

Birthday dinner last night provided by wonderful friends: roasted leg of lamb with rosemary, beets with butter and hazelnuts, chilled asparagus, roasted potatoes with homemade aioli, Greek salad, homemade chocolate pudding. Umm...yum!

Dances of Universal Peace...two of them...just us in the living room. A delightful spiritual experience dancing with the Beloved.

And the company was exquisite.

A gift for me from one of my Beloveds: Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen. I started reading it last night and am loving it so far.

Today...a second birthday dinner provided by another of my Beloveds. This one includes a rotisserie chicken, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and homemade chocolate ice cream. I am sure there will be other food, as well.

I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. Even managed to get the mower started without yanking my arm out of the socket. (Thank you, Beloved--and I do mean that.)

Oh, and yesterday my birthday vest came in the mail. The color was...putrid. We took it back to the store and got TWO in beautiful colors for only $4 more! Such a deal. (Again, thanks.)

3 comments:

Joan said...

What a blessing to have so many wonderful friends who celebrated you! And a treat to get two vests instead of one!

graceonline said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry I missed the day. What joy, to have a life so rich, so full of beloved friends and family. May you experience ever more.

Deb Shucka said...

I'm so glad you felt and were appropriately beloved for your birthday!