Friday, December 09, 2011

i care

Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all--the apathy of human beings.

Helen Keller

You may have noticed that I haven't been posting pictures much lately. It's not that I don't care. Apathy and inertia are not the same.

It's cold. I've been busy. I'm breaking out of my rut.

Every day I make myself get out of my chair and do something. I'm making a list and checking it twice--not for naughty and nice, but for all the things that have been piling up around my ears while I have not had the energy or inclination to do them.

I'm still in "clean up and throw away" mode. I try to get rid of something every day--even if it is the junk mail that came in that day. If I am not deleting piles, I am preventing piles forming. Every little bit helps.

I put up the Christmas lights because SO loves them so...and I love SO. I checked all the strings to make sure they worked before I put them up. I plugged them in to see my handiwork and half of several strings didn't work. So the next day I re-hung the Christmas lights.

I run more errands than I ever knew it was possible for one person to need to do. I fix things that break--lately, an almost daily occurrence. I blow the leaves off the deck and driveway and help SO with the garden. I go to work. I break the suction and keep moving, trying to stay productive.

I haven't been taking pictures. The energy hasn't moved me in that direction lately.

Some day...one day...I feel it coming.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Sounds to me like you have more energy than you think. I know you have more than I do. I admire your determination. Hope I can find some soon. And thanks for your encouragement and help with my closet.

graceonline said...

One mess at a time, eh? I have boxes full of messes, alas. I keep whittling away at them. I sure do understand not having energy to take and upload pictures. I'll be glad when they return, but I'm most grateful that you are hanging in there with us, still posting every day. That's something.

Also, I'd just like to say that it helps all of us when one of us posts a little about how we're really feeling, even when it's not so good, so thank you for that. All is not always thornless roses and sunshine, is it?