Thursday, January 05, 2012

wouldn't it be funny if...

...those who are so against same-gender marriage (thereby "forcing" civil unions) are, in fact, the ones who are ruining it?

In a sad way...of course. I have nothing against marriage. I do think that not enough people take it seriously and keep their commitments. I also think that a lot of people get lazy and let their baggage take over because that's what people do.

Marriage provides an unbeatable crucible for working on one's stuff and growing and learning to be in relationship. We can either upgrade the institution by doing our part or we can blame the institution for being outdated.

I for one hope we can manage the upgrade.

1 comment:

kario said...

Good point. I listened to an interview this morning on NPR with a local pastor who is furious about the Washington governor's attempt to introduce legislation legalizing same-sex unions. I still don't get what all the fuss is about. Live and let live.