Thursday, February 16, 2012

love thursday 02.16.12 ~ language of love

I hope that one day you will have the experience of doing something you do not understand for someone you love.

Jonathan Safran Foer

from
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close


Love requires learning a new language--the language of the Beloved. "Do unto others" only works when we like the same things.

I need to know what makes my Beloved feel loved. Even if it doesn't make sense to me, if it works for Beloved, that's what matters.

May you one day know what it is to love someone so much that you are willing to do something for them just because you love them...and may your Beloved return the gift of Love to you.

1 comment:

graceonline said...

Tears in my eyes, reading this, and I realize they are there because I do know this. I have known it a long time, and I remember well when I did not.

Thank you.