Monday, March 12, 2012

factoids about my new paint job

(i love the optical illusion)

Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.

Paul Hawken

Environmentalist

1. I didn't paint the ceiling. It was already white.

2. Devine paint by Miller is...divine. They say it goes on like yogurt. It does.

3. I love the tropics. The blue is called Caribbean Sea.

4. Half my natal astrological chart is in water. Ahh. I'm floating in the sea.

5. I love French roast coffee. The dark brown is called French Roast.

6. I love chocolate. Painting the brown wall was like painting with Hershey's syrup.

7. I have no earth in my natal chart. The dark brown grounds me.

8. I love Frog Tape. It works really well when you follow the directions. Taking the tape down and having a clean line that I didn't have to touch up was thrilling. (3M makes a product called Edge-Lock. It does the same thing. I haven't tried it.)

9. I re-learned that I truly love open, uncluttered space. You'd never know it if you saw this room before I moved everything out to paint. Now I am trying to figure out what to do instead of moving it all back in. I see many discards in my future.

10. When I finished the job, I really wanted a piece of chocolate cake...so I had one.

1 comment:

graceonline said...

Oh, thank you for the story! You paint wonderful pictures with your (very few) words to go with your photograph. I see, hear, smell, taste. Lovely, lovely vignette. Lovely room.