Monday, April 02, 2012

time for everything


(the pillow was there. it was in his way. so he sat while he ate.)

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven... a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to throw away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1, 5-8

This is one of my favorite passages. It covers the middle way. It's not about always being in the middle but finding the middle through the averages.

Wisdom arrives when we know which is which.

Every time I read this passage, I hear this song (which I also love):



And now, I have an ear worm.

2 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

I, too, love the passage and the song - an anthem of my adolescence.


The picture makes me laugh. Something about the way he's sitting - plus the kleenex in the background, waiting for his every need?

graceonline said...

The Vietnam War raged when this song came out, if I remember correctly. Now we have similar wars in two countries and anticipate a third. I'd say it's finally time for peace.

Peace at home. Peace out there.