Thursday, August 02, 2012

love thursday 08.02.12 ~ a part of you has always said yes

It is good to remember that a part of you has always loved God. There is a part of you that has always said yes. There is a part of you that is Love itself, and that is what we must fall into. It is already there. Once you move your identity to that level of deep inner contentment, you will realize you are drawing upon a Life that is much larger than your own and from a deeper abundance. Once you learn this, why would you ever again settle for scarcity in your life? “I’m not enough! This is not enough! I do not have enough!” I am afraid this is the way culture trains you to think. It is a kind of learned helplessness. The Gospel message is just the opposite—inherent power.

Richard Rohr

I think I am going to have to keep learning what this is all about. It's one thing to say, "I won't settle for scarcity." Quite another to turn around the tides of this great rolling ship on the ebbing waves.

I'd rather have my fortunes turn...not just my attitude about it.

And yet, I know...a part of me has always loved God--always said yes.

1 comment:

graceonline said...

Interesting. There are so many directions and levels this takes me. But I am still thinking of The quote from Santana about acting in a more divine manner. (I'm behind on reading you and working my way backward. That quote is in tomorrow's post.)

And I can't help thinking that behaving in a divine manner and remembering that part of me that has always felt beloved of, and protected by, the divine are intrinsically linked.

As my family and I face uncertainty and fear about the health of not one but two loved ones, these messages help to ground me on a day I need it deeply.

Again, I thank you.