Friday, April 24, 2009
things i learned at the pool...
2. I would rather deal with 30 excited and exuberant fourth graders than two thirty-something adults who won't follow the rules...
3. Or six twenty-something foreign visitors who think making big splashes on their girlfriends is worth splashing and soaking everyone else in the pool...and all of their dry clothing outside the pool (read "me" and "mine").
4. Ninety-six degree water is warm enough to dispel 50 degree air.
5. Mineral water heals.
6. Being the only person in the pool is heavenly--even if only for a few minutes.
7. Ten 9-year-old boys and two dads executing a simultaneous cannonball create a tsunami.
8. They still splash less than the 20-somethings mentioned in #3.
9. I can still be cranky in idyllic conditions when surrounded by the oblivious.
10. Nine year old boys are still sweet and unjaded enough that a stranger (me) can ask if he wants to do her a favor (place her sunglasses on the chair) and he will say yes and when the stranger says "thank you," he says, "you're welcome."