Saturday, May 21, 2011

good for all



The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain, is floating in midair, until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life.

Jane Addams

Love Jane Addams. In fact, we should know a lot more about most of our presidents' wives. No doubt the best presidents listened to theirs.

Oh...and in case of the rapture, this may be my last post.


CORRECTION: oops...Jane Addams not Abigail Adams. (Thanks, Mom, for bringing my error to my attention.) Jane Addams was the first American woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize. She received her award in 1931. My bad. However, that doesn't change the fact that our presidents should listen to their wives!

3 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

This made me laugh. And I completely agree with you - not only presidents, but all men, should listen to their wives. The world would be a much more peaceful place if they did.

graceonline said...

Hear hear! And thanks for the chuckles.

fullsoulahead.com said...

Everyone should listen to their wives.