Wednesday, October 12, 2011

random thoughts from the first day of the seventh day

1. "For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs" (I Timothy 6:10 NAS). It pisses me off when people misquote that verse. Money isn't the issue--greed is.

2. If corporations are people, they are sociopaths who should be locked up and have the key thrown away so they can't continue to harm real people. They are amoral at best, but give the immoral greedy a convenient facade to hide behind.

3. If the financial collapse is part of the new beginning, I hope either (a) I get my financial data back from the computer guy before it happens, or (b) the collapse happens in such a way that I no longer need it.

4. On the first night of the first day of the 7th Day of the Mayan calendar, the full moon is in Aries--new fiery beginnings.

5. I am getting my workout at loving for no reason at all. I hope I get this down pat soon so new opportunities don't have to keep presenting themselves.

6. Unity consciousness--within and without. I saw a picture on Facebook of two men in love; under that a picture of a man and a woman in love; under that a picture of two women in love. The caption read, "I don't see a difference." Part of the issue is owning the masculine and feminine in each of us and in ourselves. We are all one.

7. How can someone be "pro-life" (anti-abortion) and for war and capital punishment?

8. How can someone be pro-life and anti-education, health care, and social services?

9. In my efforts to take the high road and rise above pettiness, I refrain from slinging hurtful words to those who sling them at me. I expand. I rise above--even when I am blamed for "making them feel" whatever is causing them to lash out. The tip of my tongue hangs by a flap of skin. May they be blessed--and me, too.

10. But God...really? Do I have to be one with the assholes?

1 comment:

Susan O'Neil said...

Clap Clap! That's me clapping. Brava!