Sunday, March 11, 2012

and how does losing an hour fit into this?

It is important that when pursuing our own self-interest we should be “wise selfish” and not “foolish selfish”. Being foolish selfish means pursuing our own interests in a narrow, shortsighted way. Being wise selfish means taking a broader view and recognizing that our own long-term individual interest lies in the welfare of everyone. Being wise selfish means being compassionate.

Dalai Lama

I love me some HHDL! I wouldn't want to be him or have his life, and I am so glad he is in this world at this time--and that I get to breathe the same air.

Working on painting my office still. I thought I would be done Saturday. I just couldn't move that fast so Sunday will have to be soon enough.

Pictures to follow....

1 comment:

graceonline said...

I don't always understand everything he says, I am a little embarrassed to admit, but I always feel better trying to piece it out. Fortunately, this quotation is very clear. He speaks gently, his words sinking to the core.