Friday, July 25, 2008

If you can't say anything nice...

I'm in a funk. A very long "dark night of the soul." I guess that's more than a funk, but you get the drift.

I don't want to complain here so I have basically kept my mouth shut. I haven't wanted to complain and I couldn't figure out how to put a positive spin on things. Being "nice" feels like too much work at the moment.

So today, I am going to have "spa day" with my friend. She lives on Hayden Bay overlooking the Columbia River. We get in the pool and bob around on noodles while enjoying the view. Each of us unloads the happenings in our lives since the last time we had spa day, letting the water wash away the gravity while we bear witness for one another.

So next time you can't think of anything nice to say...find a friend and some water. Bob on your noodle.

That's what I'd do.
Wanda

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh, my Sweet Sister....I'm sorry you are having a dark night of the soul. Daath can be a mother, huh?

Give Mary my love. And bob on a noodle for me, too.

I love you!