Friday, November 28, 2008

Guest entry: Mom

(My mom with one of the great grands.)



Mom is here with us for Thanksgiving. We love it when she stays with us. This is an email she sent to my sister:

I have two pair of shoes that are exactly alike except for one detail. Both have black rubber soles, a strip of black suede around the upper, and the top of them have quilted fabric. On one pair the fabric is black. On the other pair it is blue.

Wanda asked me recently if I ever wear one black shoe and one blue. I told her no, or at least not that I was aware of. A few days ago, I was getting ready to go somewhere and picked up a pair of shoes in the bedroom and took them into the dining room where I sat down to put them on. One small problem: one was black and one was blue. However, they were both for the same foot, so I couldn't wear that pair.

This morning I was a basket case, trying to get everything done that I hadn't done all week even though I knew it had to be done before I could make my trip. I got up, showered, and dressed. I packed my suitcases and bags and had started to load the car when I realized I hadn't put my other pair of shoes in. I went into the bedroom and picked up the other pair and put them in the
backseat of the car.

I went to FM and went into the pharmacy to pick up my meds. I drove to Forest Grove and stopped at the Dollar Tree. As I was walking down an aisle, I happened to look down and saw
that I had on one black shoe and one blue one. I didn't worry, though, I had another pair just like them in the car.

That's my mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so cool! My mom used to be like that until she developed senile dementia. But every once in awhile, her old humor still shines through. Those are the moments I want to remember. Thanks for sharing that story!