Thursday, November 05, 2009

love thursday 11.05.09 ~ would you still love me...


Even though our faith may be 2,000 years old, our thinking is not. True progress is a balance between preserving the essence of a certain way of life and changing things that are not essential. Christianity was born a revolutionary faith, and we have preserved that ... Paradoxically, we have succeeded in not changing the faith that is itself dedicated to change.

~ His All Holiness Bartholomew I ~
Ecumenical Patriarch of the Orthodox Christian World

...if you knew these things about me?

~ I swear. Not like a sailor. More like a logger.

~ I love Jesus--but I am not "one of those Christians".

~ I don't believe that all people do the best they can all the time.

~ Obliviousness is one of my major pet peeves.

~ I think Starbucks is evil.

~ I think the insurance and pharmaceutical industries are evil.

~ There are plenty of things I hate--truly hate...

~ ...including built in obsolescence...

~ ...and bigots--I hate bigots so much I am one.

~ Some days I just don't want to get wet so I don't shower.



Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
See if there is any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

~ Psalm 139:23-24 ~

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm not sure about Starbucks either... But then, I'm more a tea-drinker than hardcore coffee lover. ;o) Seriously though, I have a problem with these global corporate empires taking over the world. I think most people could do better most of the time--it's a choice, like anything else. But we are what we are... and accepting people as they are right now is a very compassionate thing. So swearing and all, we love ya, Wanda! :o)

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Just got back from Trader Joe's where oblivion was the name of the game. So irksome!

Traci said...

"...I hate bigots so much I am one..." That is priceless!

And cursing like a logger really isn't so bad, because I bet Jesus cursed like a carpenter...

Susan O'Neil said...

AMEN! sister!

graceonline said...

All the more!

Joan said...

I absolutely LOVE this post--because all of these things are me, also! Did we get the "logger swearing" honestly? And I HATE lots of things, too, like being in water. So I skip showers, too! And, yes, I still love you--do you still love me??

Wanda said...

Of course, I love you, Joan. You're my thithter.