Monday, August 30, 2010

history


We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men.

Edward R. Murrow

What do I do when I come face to face with my fear?

I wish I could say that I don't feel it...but I do. Just because I have the feeling, however, doesn't mean that I have to act on it.

Sure, there are time when my reptile brain takes over and I react without having the opportunity to think at all. Except for those moments, having a feeling--any feeling--doesn't require a particular action. I still have choice. My inner experience is mine alone. What I choose to bring into the world? That has the potential to affect everyone in my path.

What are you choosing today?

3 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

Feeling the fear, when it visits, is the only way to diminish its power so you can choose what to do next.

I'm choosing to be as present as possible today, to breathe, and to love.

margie said...

productivity. the feel good kind at the end of the day.

kario said...

It is so hard to stand in the face of fear, but it's so amazing to realize how quickly it loses its power when you do.

That being said, I think there is something in us as humans that makes us forget history and re-invent the wheel from time to time...