Thursday, August 26, 2010

love thursday 08.26.10 ~ keep on trying


I find that it is better to love badly and faultily than not to try and love at all. God does not have to have perfect instruments, and the Holy One can use our feeble and faltering attempts at love and transform them. My task is to keep on trying to love, to be faithful in my continuing attempt, not necessarily to be successful. The quality of my love may well be the most important element of my spiritual guidance.

Morton T. Kelsey

from his book
Companions on the Inner Way

"Badly" and "faultily"...?

Love counts. When we do the best we can, that's what matters.

May you know Love today.

5 comments:

kario said...

Makes me think of my yoga instructor who says, "They call it a yoga practice for a reason. It's not a yoga perfect!"

Deb Shucka said...

It's in the intention. Love to you as well.

Joan said...

No love can be bad.

graceonline said...

Wanda, what a powerful teaching! I who have loved imperfectly thank you from the bottom of my heart. Wonderful thoughts from Kario, Deb and Joan. All true.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

And you.