Monday, September 13, 2010

universal laws may not be universal

I read this morning in Science Daily that the laws of the universe (physics) are not constant in all parts of the universe. What a fun thought!

I am sure that somewhere manna tastes like perfectly crispy apple fritters.

Health--good health is taken for granted by all inhabitants because they have never known anything else and don't know that some other way exists.

Gravity truly is a myth. (I wonder what takes its place?)

Weather is not a topic of conversation and whatever happens just is.

Constants are not necessary for the inhabitants to make sense out of life and "get things done."

Time does not exist. Everything does. All. At. Once. (And it is a constant source of delight.)

So you know what that means about aging!

----

What do you think? What laws are different out there Across the Universe?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

GREAT post, Wanda! No time, no gravity... I like that! And weather is not conversation, I so agree. Let's just get talking, the weather is a crutch for inadequacy of speaking! That trips me up... that the laws of the universe are not the same in all parts of it... WOW... This really has my brain working! LOVELY Rufus singing here... Happy Day ((HUGS))

graceonline said...

How did I miss this! Jill Bolte Taylor says we can simply step wholly into our right brain to experience some of this.

There's something in the video, about the little girl sacrificing her balloon to bring the men down to Earth. I had the feeling that she might finally get some time with her papa, though I doubt that was what the vid intended.

What you said: "Constants are not necessary for the inhabitants to make sense out of life and "get things done."Time does not exist. Everything does. All. At. Once. (And it is a constant source of delight.)" Love that. I actually experienced that for a few moments when my dad died, as if he were able for just a moment to show it to me.

And this: "Constants are not necessary for the inhabitants to make sense out of life and 'get things done.'" Love that. Do. Be.

Oh, oh. Dobedobedoo. Sorry.