Thursday, September 22, 2011

love thursday 09.22.11 ~ holographic universe



In another's eyes I see my plea for forgiveness, and in a hardened frown I see my refusal. When someone murders, I know that I too could have done that, and when someone gives birth, I know that I am capable of that as well. In the depths of my being, I meet my fellow humans with whom I share love and have life and death.

Henri Nouwen

from
With Open Hands

It's much easier to want to be One with Mother Theresa or the Dalai Lama than with Anton Scalia or Troy Davis. But we are. Everyone of us.

"...whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."
Matthew 25:40 (NIV)

"...whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."
Matthew 25:45 (NIV)

That sounds like a holographic universe to me.

2 comments:

kario said...

So sad.

graceonline said...

Thank you for posting this. I am only beginning to get a glimmer of what all this means.