Friday, September 09, 2011

virtue



All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power.

Ashleigh Brilliant

Lately, work interferes with my life. Don't get me wrong. I like working and I like what I do. However, these days staying home, starting, and finishing projects appeals to me far more than going out into the world.

One of the Mayan Calendar teachers says that we will reach a place where money is no longer used as our currency. I don't know what will be, but if I didn't need the cash flow, I'd spend a lot more time hanging out at home.

The economy and my place in it at this moment in time created created the need for me to be more hands on. I make things rather than buying. When I need to buy, I visit Craig's List and reuse what someone else no longer needs. I don't mind. It even makes me feel virtuous.

What is making you feel virtuous these days?

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Hi Wanda, I can't think of a thing that is making me feel virtuous lately . . . but, I sure do like the idea of buying used. Well, I guess I feel pretty good about hanging onto my old van. Even though I probably could get a new car, I really like my old mini van. I don't need it anymore. I don't haul loads of soccer teams now, no college moves lately, and we've been in the same house for almost 25 years. But, it works well, and it's comfortable, and roomy. And, I love to shop for old furniture, so it comes in handy to haul things. I guess as I think of it, I feel virtuous to not be wasting money on a newer vehicle when there isn't any reason to. Hm-m . . . that works!

Deb Shucka said...

Are we living the same life? :-)