Saturday, November 15, 2008

What's the difference between...



...a mailbox and the Blockbuster drop slot?

You don't know?

Really?

Me, either.

Today's brain blip: I was driving along doing my errands. I had just been to the bank drive-through and was on my way to the USPS drive-through mailbox, and I was thinking, "I wish Blockbuster had a drive up drop off." I pulled in the lane to mail my letter. My next moment of consciousness came as I watched my hand release its hold on the DVD...that I needed to return to Blockbuster. And the letter lay on the seat next to me.

Now, I am pretty sure that I am not the first person to do that, but this is the first time I have done it and I was pretty embarrassed. Fortunately, the postal worker who helped me was very sweet and not at all shaming about it. She was grateful for the opportunity to walk outside in the sun and get an unplanned break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is VERY fun..Thank you for sharing this. It is SOO human! :)