Tuesday, January 27, 2009

i believe in rainbows

(Thanks, Rob, for letting me use your pictures.
I love this one so much, I use it for
the wallpaper on my Treo.)



In the story of Noah and the flood, God puts the rainbow in the sky as a symbol of His promise that He will never again destroy the world in a flood...at least not the whole world all at once. I wonder today if that promise also applies to snow.

Yes, it is snowing again here in Portland. It's not deep yet. However, the snow continues to fall steadily. Spring can't come soon enough for me this year.

Today, I am holding onto the promise of the rainbow. Hope. Hope that change is coming.

And God said, "It is good."


(Rob took both of the rainbow pictures outside
Rob & Julie's house in Phoenix, Arizona.
They don't get many rainbows in the desert.)




Song running through my head: Rainbow Connection by Kermit the frog


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rainbows hold very special meaning for me ... these are great shots and a good reminder that it can be warm out, warm enough for a rainbow!

My word verification is nonsh - sounds like a yiddish word for a nibble kiss, like the one you would give to a fat baby's thigh ....

Carrie Wilson Link said...

This winter has KICKED MY ASS! And BTW, love that song and double love Kermit (also love, "It's not easy being green").