Friday, January 16, 2009

Top Down Day

The sun was shining and I had errands to run. I put on my boots...


...and my Life is Good shirt...


...put the top down and took off.

First stop--gasoline. The light came on last night as I was almost home, so refueling was priority number one.

Second stop--car wash. The entire winter and much of the fall coated the car and it was time to get it off. I stopped at my favorite car wash. Ah, just in time. He was just finishing the car ahead of me and I was next. Before he finished, I looked in the rear view mirror and about five cars had lined up behind me.

3:05 p.m.

Next stop--Tomahawk Island to deliver birthday cards to my friend who is taking off early tomorrow for a cruise through the Panama Canal for her 50th birthday. Since I didn't win the lottery, I don't get to go.

What is this? Since when did rush hour start at 3 o'clock in the afternoon?

It took me an hour and a half to go from North Portland to Tomahawk Island and back home. Less than 30 miles. Sigh. By the time I got close to home, I decided that all the rest of my errands could wait one more day--and I would do them sometime other than rush hour.

To amuse myself in stop and slow traffic on the way home, I pulled out the camera. With the top down, all I had to do is stick the camera on top of the windshield while I was stopped, wait until I crept into the right position and snap a beautiful shot of Mt. Hood covered in snow, glowing in the sun.

Here's what I got...






Crap.

2 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Tell me you put the top off before you got the car washed.

I have my Life is Good shirt on right now - cute picture of a cup of coffee on it - love this thing.

contemporary themes said...

I love the Life is Good t-shirts and hats!

What kind of convertible do you have? I always wanted a bug convertible, even as a little girl.