Saturday, March 27, 2010

the happy couple


(david and melinda--david has a beautiful smile...really)


Anyone can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend's success.

~ Oscar Wilde ~

Wednesday...70 degrees and sunny. Friday...the same. Thursday? Rain. That's right. Rain for the wedding day. However, we had a plan B and almost everyone stayed almost dry most of the time.

I haven't downloaded my pictures yet. This one I snapped with my phone camera and emailed to my blog so I would have something to post and something to send to my sister who couldn't make it out here for the wedding.

I posted this to tease David because he was so nervous and this picture captures a little bit of that shell shocked look. Really--he has a wonderfully bright smile and he lights up. And Melinda was stunning!

The only obvious snafu was when I dropped her ring. That's right. Unfortunately, the building was a restored and converted barn--that had huge cracks between the floor boards. Fortunately, the ring bounced and rolled and the groomsman picked it up for me. Whew. At least I didn't have to crawl under the building with a flashlight to find the missing diamond ring.

May Melinda and David have many happy years together! (And thanks for a fun party.)

5 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

Beautiful! Congrats to the happy couple!

Tracy said...

Oh, my look at David's face! That is funny!... But how wonderful they've just got married... Wishing all the best for many, long happy years together! :o) Have a great weekend, Wanda ((HUGS))

SE'LAH... said...

David looks like a deer in the headlights...pretty poetic capture.

Congrats to the newly weds.

one love.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I hear rain on the wedding day is good luck! Your caption under the photo cracked me up!

Joan said...

Thanks for sending this to me so soon. Brought tears to my eyes to think of their wonderful love and the adventure they are embarking on and the fact that I couldn't be there to share the joy with all of you. I am so glad that I got to meet David last summer. He is a sweet man and a perfect match for our Melinda. And I am happy that the ring didn't fall through the cracks!