Sunday, September 26, 2010

aspirations

(mijo)


(honeyboy)

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead.

Louisa May Alcott

I've been at my college reunion. Six of us got together to reminisce and hang out--laugh and try to figure out what the hell happened.

Not really. Mostly, we are wondering about people we used to know, looking at old pictures and recognizing faces but not remembering names. (Oh...where have all the brain cells gone? Long time passing....)

Being on campus again, I remember how I felt being here the first time. I loved college. I loved the campus. I loved the experience--even though I was going through the adolescent to adult angst and the turmoil of the 70s.

Did I have aspirations? I must have. I have lived my life consciously to the best of my ability. Do I have regrets? A few.

Reflection is good. Aspirations are good. And it is not too late to pursue them.

I wonder what comes next.

3 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

I wonder what comes next, too. That's part of the adventure, no?

So glad you're having this great gathering with women friends.

It's never too late. Never.

Deb Shucka said...

P.S. Thanks for the pics of the boys. My "ahhhhh" need is full to overflowing right now. :-)

graceonline said...

Good friends, furry ones close at hand, long-distance two-leggeds, wherever they be--the sugar of our lives.