Wednesday, January 11, 2012

living simply

There's something very attractive about this. I don't know whether I could get used to living this way, attractive though it is. I don't know how long it would take me to stop being bored. I don't know that I would like living without technology.

This place is beautiful. Part of me longs for the simplicity of design, the lack of clutter and mess that I seem to accumulate in spite of myself.

The quality of this video is exceptional. As I watched it on my beautiful new computer (for which I am so grateful), the walk through the woods and the house almost seemed 3D. Usually, I size the video specifically for my blog. This one wouldn't allow changes. I don't know what it will look like when I get it posted on my blog, so if it doesn't work here, please go to the youtube.com link and watch it. You'll experience six and a half minutes of beauty...and maybe you will be moved to simplify your own life. If so, please tell us about it here.

2 comments:

Mary'sCorner said...

Beautiful. Just the inspiration I needed as I head out to clean out my garage. Thank you.

graceonline said...

I would love to live almost this simply. I need a little more space! What a cozy, beautiful cabin. I did have to hunt up the video on YouTube. In case anyone else is having trouble viewing the video, I'll include the URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDbrUk2xYBo.