Friday, August 31, 2012

hawaiian kitty



Holiness consists in doing God’s will joyfully. Faithfulness makes saints. The spiritual life is a union with Jesus: the divine and the human giving themselves to each other. The only thing Jesus asks of us is to give ourselves to [God], in total poverty and total self-forgetfulness.

Mother Teresa

A small colony of feral cats live at the resort where we are staying. Though skittish, they are very sweet and grateful for whatever food the guests supply.

One night we fed them left over dinner meat. The next morning when I opened the drapes to the lanai, two kitty faces waited for me. They know a sucker when they see one. From then on, I couldn't not feed them.

All I can say is, it is good I didn't stay longer or my poverty would be much greater...and I would have lots of cats.

No comments: