Thursday, May 21, 2009

love thursday ~ 05.21.09: joy

I have committed myself to joy. I have come to realize that those who make space for joy, those who prefer nothing to joy, those who desire the utter reality, will most assuredly have it. We must not be afraid to announce it to refugees, slum dwellers, saddened prisoners, angry prophets. Now and then we must even announce it to ourselves. In this prison of now, in this cynical and sophisticated age, someone must believe in joy.

~ Richard Rohr, OFM ~



9 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

Here, here!

I believe in JOY.

Happy Love Thursday my friend.

katie in ma said...

I do believe, I do believe, I do I do I do!

FAB quote for Love Thursday!!!

ELK said...

great image of joy for this day wanda!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I'm a believer!

margie said...

beautiful image, beautiful message.

Michelle O'Neil said...

I believe.

sunnymama said...

I believe in joy too! What an inspiring Love Thursday post.

Thanks for calling by at my blog this week for Se'Lah's guest post :)

Operaton You said...

I so feel the joy!!! Even when there seem to be chaos in my life... Joy is always present in the background reminding me that it is in me - my Being! I send it to you always!

Operaton You said...

P.S. Happy Love Thursday!!