Monday, May 11, 2009

weekend update



Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

~ Martin Luther King, Jr. ~

We've had a squirrel setback. They will have nothing to do with me. Well...that's not entirely true. He did come today when I called, but wouldn't come down and take the peanut. I had to leave it on the railing. Don't know what happened. Don't know what I will have to do to regain his trust. I will keep you posted.

I hung new mini lights on the back deck this weekend and changed all the burned out light bulbs in the house. Guess you could say I spent the weekend becoming enlightened. The new mini lights for the front of the house are on order. They should be here in a week or so.

SO's daughter sent Mother's Day flowers. They are lovely. We set them on the patio table on the deck. The squirrels ate two of the flowers. Actually they ate the "hips" and spit the flowers out.

We had two days of sun. YES!

How was your weekend?

7 comments:

graceonline said...

Gorgeous, sunny, warm with family. Thank you for asking. Loved reading about yours. I feel as warm and fuzzy inside as those pussy willows look. : )

SE'LAH... said...

Enjoyable weekend for me, as always. Still trying to catch my breath. It's gotten away from me ;-)

margie said...

love pussy willows. the sun is shining today and i just may go out and find some.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Sorry about the setback - hope it's brief.

Joan said...

I spent Mother's Day mothering my daughter's friend who is in the hospital with pregnancy complications. She is a long way from her own mom and family so it was my pleasure to be there with her. Also saw my daughter and talked to my son. They are my greatest Mother's Day gifts...as well as my four beautiful grandchildren.

Operaton You said...

Ready for a new weekend! Sorry for just now catching up on my blogging! Been super busy these days!

hooray said...

This weekend is better. Not as overwhelmed with grading. ;-)