Thursday, May 28, 2009

love thursday 05.28.09 ~ he's comin' back....

(blackbird coming back after the winter)

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.

~ Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Happy Love Thursday, everyone.

More Love Thursday at Chookooloonks....

(I have no idea why I am having so much trouble with focus. Must be a metaphor for my life! Or maybe it was an unconscious synchronicity with Karen's post...hmm?)

8 comments:

margie said...

wanda i like this one!! and try not to be discouraged with your life these days. things will change, move in another direction and your focus will return.

Unknown said...

I think I'm still fuzzy from the Winter! I haven't been able to un-hibernate myself and focus on what's going on now... and it's almost Summer!!

Have a great Love Thursday!

Katie in MA said...

Take your graces where you can get 'em! How clearly does this remind you to focus on what matters? :)

Happy Love Thursday!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Happy Love Thursday!

Joan said...

Me,too! Today it was really hard to focus long enough to accomplish much. It will pass as does everything that comes along and slows us down. Happy Love Thursday!

hooray said...

Focus and the month of May just don't go together -- from my experience!

Hang in there! ;-)

Big hug!

graceonline said...

And so, though I missed this Thursday, I hope it's not to late to understand that we must, after all, make love, not war.

Operaton You said...

War- what is it good for? Nothing! I like this one...