Sunday, March 07, 2010

to everything there is a season


I want to keep my soul fertile for changes, so things keep getting born in me, so things keep dying when it's time for them to die. I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago, because a mind was made to figure things out, not read the same page recurrently.

~ Donald Miller ~
from his book, Through Painted Deserts

I am so looking forward to something new. I don't have a specific in mind--just something new. Even a new idea would be a delight at this point.

Spring cannot come too soon for me.


6 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

...not read the same page recurrently. Wow.

Tracy said...

Spring is a great time of new and renewal... Very uplifting and inspiring post, Wanda! :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

graceonline said...

"... not read the same page recurrently." How I wish I'd seen that in my youth, when stalked daily by depression, hearing the same damning words over and over in my head. Send this to everyone you know who is suffering from depression. Yeah, it might not help. But you never know.

Wanda, the image I receive when I read your words is of a seed, tucked just beneath the surface of the soil, barely cracking open, all its energy pushing the sprout toward the sun. Soon. Glory.

Kapuananiokalaniakea said...

YES! Like that!! That's what I want too!

Joan said...

Or for me!

Deb Shucka said...

I hope you'll share when you find it.