Tuesday, April 13, 2010

overwhelm


The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing ... not healing, not curing ... that is a friend who cares.

~ Henri J.M. Nouwen ~

from his book
Out of Solitude


I'm sorry I've been out of touch. Keeping up with blogs and email--people--has been a bit beyond me lately. I do make it around to read you all--just not every day, like I prefer to do. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say so I haven't been leaving comments. To those of you who have been stopping by here and leaving words--thanks.

Keeping up with my own blog has been a challenge, too. I've chosen to post daily as an exercise in faithfulness and discipline. Some days (you have probably noticed) I haven't had much to say here either. Again, thanks to you who continue to come and leave words.

Overwhelm tends to be an occasional visitor for me. I don't live my life there. I do try to keep up and manage to do so much of the time.

I'll be back. I'll be back at your places and I'll be back here again soon. In the meantime, thanks for hanging out with me. I really appreciate your company.

4 comments:

Joan said...

Overwhelm visits all of us from time to time. We are all at a loss for words occasionally, although I am impressed that you are able to come up with wisdom to share with us every day. Go with the flow. Take care of you so you can take care of us. Love

graceonline said...

Sitting in silence with your kitty and your words. Sending love.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

That's a wonderful quote.

Overwhelm, how I know that place.

Deb Shucka said...

I'm living in the land of overwhelm right now, too, so totally understand. I love Henri - discovered him a few years ago when his words were God's voice.

This picture is my favorite of all of your boy pictures. What a great shot!