Tuesday, July 13, 2010

expanding faith


I have found that those who can tolerate ambiguity and hold darkness are those who rise to great faith. Faith gets purified every time you go through the cycle of doubt and failure. On this wheel of fortune just about everything is purified: our self-image, our God-image, our worldview. A full life could be described as these three worlds—ever expanding.

~ Richard Rohr ~

Ambiguity? Check.

Darkness? Check.

Doubt? Check.

Failure? Check.

I know I am becoming a person of great faith through this particular time of my life. I am grateful for the faith. The process? I would much rather choose a different way. Truly.



6 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

You are in good company. Understood. And loved.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

These times are especially edgy/intense I think. Something about the solar eclipse, amongst other things?

SE'LAH... said...

holding your hand, as you walk along with Faith.

muah!

Anonymous said...

you and be both, wanda. but we shall remain patient, won't we?

Shelia said...

Right there with you, Hon! I love Richard Rohr. He's so right on! It's painful, though, huh?!!!

Have missed you and coming here.

Hang in there!

graceonline said...

You have been much on my mind today. Praying you receive everything you need to be comfortable and at peace.