Friday, July 30, 2010

home depot redux

Made my trip to Home Depot. I still have stuff to return and I still am not done with the project. Closer. I am getting closer. By the end of the weekend--I hope--it will be done.

Some of you know that I buy hope when I buy lottery tickets. And you may also know that I buy a little more hope when I send in my Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. I do my part just in case the gods want me to win.

Well, the other day when I was sitting in the yard in the mud hole working on the irrigation project, a little black van pulled into the driveway across the street. For you not in the know, Dave Sayer from PCH arrives in a little black van.

Shit! They won!

Yes, I would be full of envy given that I faithfully send in my entries.

It was a dry cleaner's van. So sorry for my neighbors...and for me.

I mean...what would you do if your neighbor won? Really.



3 comments:

graceonline said...

Once again, you made me laugh. So close, and so far. Yup, that would feel pretty crappy. Yet, you couldn't help but be happy for them. What tremendous luck!

SE'LAH... said...

no way!

Deb Shucka said...

Too funny. Sometimes the best part of hope is the laughter when life doesn't bend to our wants.