Tuesday, November 02, 2010

and another thing...

...I know that you think you are doing a good deed by stopping in the middle of the road to let someone pull out from a side street. HOWEVER, have you considered the 12 people lined up behind you waiting while you wait? Do us all a favor...follow the rules of the road and take your right of way.

...Of course, you are sick of political ads and the negativity generated during the season. We all are. HOWEVER, not voting really doesn't solve the problem. Turn off the sound when the ads come on TV--better yet...turn off the TV. Do your own research. All politicians are not the problem. Many of them are true public servants and we would be in a world of hurt without them.

...I used to say, "I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of pain." HOWEVER, I live with pain every day. Some days are not so bad. What I am really afraid of is suffering.

6 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

You hit the nail on the head with your insight about suffering.

And I so agree with the traffic thing. Some of my best teachers are those clueless people on the road. :-)

Operaton You said...

You are strong. You are a limitless Being with limitless possibilities. No need to be afraid of anything!

I've learned that fear devitalizes us mentally, emotionally and physically.

Good and more Good is mine. An ever-increasing Good is mine. There is no limit to the Good which is mine. Everywhere I go I see this Good, I feel It, I experience It. It crowds itself against me, flows through me, expresses Itself in me, and multiplies Itself around me.

Ernest Holmes

I miss you visiting OY Wanda. I hope that I haven't done anything that would keep you away.

Missing you Ms. Wanda!

graceonline said...

"All politicians are not the problem." So true. It is easy to complain about "them," not nearly as easy to get involved at the precinct level, where we live, and begin to work for change. I've known politicians who mortgaged their homes a second time and spent their kids' college funds to run for office, knowing they probably would lose, but they cared so deeply about they issues, they felt they had to try.

And one more thing I always wonder about--Those who complain about the crooks, liars and cheats in office: Could your personal life hold up to the scrutiny of a political campaign? Are there events in your life that the media could twist from perfectly innocent to damnable evidence with a few choice pix or words?

It's not the politicians that worry me so much as it is the megacorps whose water they're carrying.

Thanks for bringing this up, Wanda.

graceonline said...

P.S. Did not intend to ignore your pain, and boy do I hope it does not reach the level of suffering.

kario said...

Politicians are just people, and I think we are too quick to judge them simply because we think they have more power to change things than they actually do.

Pain does stink, but it is a good teacher.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Great rant! : )