Thursday, November 25, 2010

love thursday 11.25.10 ~ thanksgiving


Random love items and thankfulness list:

Animals do feel love. No doubt about it.



No accidents...

In the cold weather, the flexible tube from the high efficiency furnace pump to the outside freezes and the pump tends to overheat. I have to unhook the outside line from the pump and use a shorter length of tubing into a 5 gallon bucket in order to keep the garage from flooding.

For some reason, I can't find the extra piece of tubing that I usually have on hand. Okay...if you saw my garage you would understand why I can't find it--but that is beside the point.

Next door, a furnace repair truck is sitting in the driveway. I walked over and asked for a piece of tubing. What he asked for is that I pass his card along to someone. So, I'm doing that here: Service First Heating & Cooling, Inc. is a father son shop. The phone is 360.907.7683 and email is service1st@yahoo.com.

Thankful for...

...enough food--today, tomorrow, the next day, and probably several days after that.

...time with Mom.

...passable roads.

...help putting up the Christmas lights.

...two orange boys and an old tortoiseshell girl.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm thankful for you.

Mary'sCorner said...

Wonderful list, B. Like Rebecca, I'm thankful for you too. And, after having been to Plymouth, MA this year and learning more (accurately) about the "first Thanksgiving", I'm extremely grateful for hardy Pilgrims who braved more than two months at sea, adventured across the Atlantic, wrote the Mayflower Compact (which is an amazing document about freedom of religion, free assembly, etc), and, at least for a bit, made friends and lived peaceably with the Native Peoples (who saved their butts). Courageous, tough folk. We could learn a bit from them, and I'm thankful for their hope and spirit.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

No accidents!

graceonline said...

A belated happy holiday to you, as well, Wanda. Wishing you many unknown blessings already on the way.

graceonline said...

P.S. That video--wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing it. My sweetie has a special place in her heart for gorillas, so I am especially happy to see this and share it with her.