Wednesday, May 25, 2011

bus ride


Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Oprah Winfrey

Tonight, I get to go to dinner with a friend I know would ride the bus with me. (I have a couple like that.) We're going out for Ethiopian at a place neither of us has been before.

SO is out of town, tending to an ailing parent. Amazing how much we get used to having someone around. I do pretty well during the day--getting things done that need to be handled...running errands, doing chores...that kind of thing. When evening rolls around, the house is very quiet and...well, watching movies alone is not the same at all.

Just a couple more days.

Any of you want to take a bus ride with me?

4 comments:

Susan O'Neil said...

Any time! Anywhere!

kario said...

Forget the limo! People-watching is so much better on the bus.

Joan said...

You know I would be right there by your side...and we would be laughing all the way!

Deb Shucka said...

This is going to be one fun bus ride!