Tuesday, May 10, 2011

rain, rain, rain


(the garden: pea trellises made partly from our bamboo,
cold frames allowing us to garden in this unseasonable
spring, slug traps full of beer)


The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

At least the wind isn't blowing. Remember that tarp I lost several months ago? No? Maybe I didn't tell you about it. I was uncovering banana and blackbird. The wind blew mightily. I turned around and the tarp I removed was gone. Simply gone. About a month ago, I found it. Across the street. In the neighbor's tree.

The cold frames I built for the winter garden didn't do what we had hoped. We didn't get much harvest from our plantings. However, they are working well for starting the garden this spring. Otherwise, it would be too wet and cold. Nothing would grow. It would simply drown.

We've been eating salads from our garden already. Yum. Something about fresh cannot be improved upon.

No comments: