Thursday, January 21, 2010

love thursday 01.21.10 ~ life goes on

(heart shaped burn)

Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. What if they are a little coarse and you may get your coat soiled or torn? What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice? Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

The graveside service for my dad was perfect. My brother played the guitar and sang a couple songs. I read a story I wrote. My sister was the photographer. My mother was presented with a flag from the veterans for my dad's military service.

Everyone shared stories about Dad. We laughed. We cried. We were together.

It was organic and better than anything we could have planned. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I'm so glad (but not surprised)!

Joan said...

Yes, it was perfect...impromptu, unplanned, unscripted, comforting, genuine, from the heart, filled with love. Rest in peace, Dad.

Juddie said...

My thoughts are with you Wanda.
*hugs*

SE'LAH... said...

sending my love to you at this time. thinking of you.

xo

graceonline said...

Still sending them...