Friday, January 08, 2010

night and day

(this is what happens when you take a picture dusk with a flash when it is snowing)
I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.

~ Hafiz ~


The gremlins descend at night. Right before bed, all my worries float to the top of my awareness and dominate my brain's activity. I look at them and practice putting them aside. Practice faith that whatever happens all will be well.

In the morning--most mornings--things look brighter. I even experience samadhi with my morning coffee on the best mornings. And on good mornings, I know I will make it through the day and on to the next.

It's the difference between night and day.


3 comments:

blognut said...

Well said.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Yes. That's it.

rebecca said...

They look like orbs.