Monday, April 23, 2012

what i did this weekend



I rearranged under the kitchen sink, serviced the water filter, and installed an instant hot water dispenser. It will make life much easier to have it.



The black box is the instant hot. In order to get everything to fit, I removed a space consuming shelf from the back of the cupboard. That exposed a couple of pipes with big holes around them, so I filled the holes with foam insulation.

When I removed the shelf, the conduit--which was already in the way--was even more in the way. I moved the connection from the bottom of the switch box to the top and ran the conduit/wire from the top along the front of the cabinet to where it drops down to the garbage disposal.

I also acquired and learned to use a copper tubing cutter. I love tools. I especially love cool tools that are not very expensive that make a job infinitely more doable. So now I have the job done, a new tool, and a new skill.

When we rise in the morning and listen to the radio or read the newspaper, we are confronted with the same sad news: violence, crime, wars, and disasters. I cannot recall a single day without a report of something terrible happening somewhere. Even in these modern times it is clear that one's precious life is not safe. No former generation has had to experience so much bad news as we face today; this constant awareness of fear and tension should make any sensitive and compassionate person question seriously the progress of our modern world.

HH Dalai Lama


Just thought I would share some good news.

3 comments:

Susan O'Neil said...

Impressive! You're hired!

Joan said...

Wish you lived closer to me!

graceonline said...

I love it when you show us your projects. Impressive, that one.

As for HH, I feel a certain gratification, perverse tho it may be, to know that he feels some of the discouragement I feel so frequently.

Lately, I've been relying on some miracle to change the hearts of what seems to be the majority of humankind before it is too late.