Friday, July 22, 2011

only in portland

(healing progress)

Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I accidentally ran a stop sign. In my defense, an overhanging tree hid the sign from view until I was right beside it. Fortunately, no cross traffic happened by at the same time. (Thank you!) However, the oncoming driver commented aloud to me (I had the top down) that I had just run a stop sign.

Who was the oncoming driver? A cyclist...who ran the stop sign coming across the intersection toward me. No lie.

2 comments:

kario said...

Well, maybe in Seattle. But only in the Pacific Northwest.

Hope somebody moves that branch.

Deb Shucka said...

Yup, a Portland thing for sure.

It's nice to see the healing progress, and to see HB hasn't lost his ability to relax completely.