Monday, July 18, 2011

universal compassion


(this year's blackbird)
Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.

Arthur Schopenhauer

We are half way through the fourth night of the Mayan calendar. How do you think we are doing? Are we really getting it yet?

Only a few more months until October 28th--when Calleman says the calendar ends. What do you think will happen? I truly don't know. Part of me thinks that nothing different will occur. That the morning of the 29th will occur like any other day. However, I am hoping that we will have made some progress in treating each other well.

I keep wondering what all those corporate bigwigs think they are going to do with all their money when there is no one left to buy their products or provide them services. Let them (us) eat cake?

In the meantime, just remember...I love you for no reason at all. And them, too.

1 comment:

kario said...

I'm not much for predictions, so I suppose I'll just focus on the universal compassion part and see what difference I can make.