Monday, July 25, 2011

ten things i (re)learned this weekend



The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

Dorothy Parker

1. Three-legged cats can catch shrews.

2. Sometimes when I break something, the fix is cheap and easy.

3. There is more than one solution to most problems.

4. If I break something with high priority repair status, it gets me out of doing something else I was planning to do but didn't want to.

5. Garden gloves (the ones with latex or nitrile palms and fingers) are good for opening jars.

6. Pickled jalapeƱo slices are great on hamburgers.

7. Beer does freeze...even Canadian beer.

8. Frozen gel packs can break when you sleep on them.

9. In spite of the people whom I need to love for no reason at all, there are some genuinely, wonderfully nice people in the world and I am always grateful when they cross my path. I love them for reasons and no reason.

10. If you wait long enough, lettuce turns to liquid in the refrigerator.

Anything you learned that you'd like to share?

3 comments:

kario said...

Ewww. The lettuce one. So true and slimy!

Love the quote. I'm using it with my daughters when they claim to be "bored."

Sandi said...

Oh, I love the quote too! That is going to be my "back to school" quote, on the welcome message the first day!
You made me think about what I've learned (relearned) this week.
1. If you stick with your Physical Therapy exercises, range of motion will increase.
2. Be careful what you wish for . . . I've been hoping for mediocre weather because since surgery, I have to wear this much hated anti embolism socks, and they're hot. Now my daughter says it's my fault the Pacific Northwest is having record low temperatures this summer.
That's enough for now!

Deb Shucka said...

What a weekend you had! This list creates such an interesting story.

I'm beyond happy to hear that HB is hunting successfully again. And that he's playing. Good kitty!