Tuesday, December 20, 2011

furry toes




Be melting snow.
Wash yourself of yourself.


Rumi

Speaking of snow...look at those big furry toes. Those are Mijo's toes. He is Manx and part Siberian (I think). Both breeds have fur between their toes to help deal with the cold ground. The extra fur acts like snow boots and keeps the pads from freezing.

Perhaps having genes from two cold continents gives him a double dose of hair. He weighs about 18 pounds now by our sometimes not very accurate scale--hence the size of the feet.

Siberians grow until they are 5. He is now 2 1/2. Some of that breed grow to 25 pounds.

Oh, I hope not.

2 comments:

kario said...

My stepmother had a cat with those feet. We called them "hobbit feet." I love that extra fur, but only on the cats. If I ever look down at my own feet and see it, I might pass out.

graceonline said...

Kario, you make me laugh out loud! What an image!