Tuesday, May 22, 2012

meet my new best friend...

The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather, that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually make a new man of himself.

Wang Yang-Ming

Chinese Philosopher

Floetrol.


You probably remember my love affair with Frog Tape. Don't get me wrong. That hasn't cooled. I still love Frog Tape. But you know...different strokes for different folks.

Floetrol makes the paint flow. Truly. Frog Tape makes it stop. It's a perfect right hand-left hand thing. And I'm not saying which is which. I guess it depends upon which direction you are facing.

After four coats of red paint (the last one with Floetrol), when the lights are off the paint looks even. Today, I have three questions:

1) What will the coverage look like when I turn the light on?

2) Will one more coat cover it?

3) Do I have enough paint for one more coat?

I've been praying for mercy and hoping that my paint holds out like the oil in the virgins' lamps.

No comments: