Sunday, May 18, 2008

10 Things I am Thinking About Doing for Money...

I have been contemplating ways to make a huge chunk of money so I can take a sabbatical to a tropical island. I have ocme up with a few ideas, but I am wondering...do you have anything to add? Suggestions welcome!

1. Write a romance novel.

2. Sell my body...by the pound.

3. Be a matchmaker. (Not the little wooden ones that make fire...the relationship kind.)

4. Golf. (I'll make a fortune if they pay me for each stroke.)

5. Win the lottery--the ubiquitous "Every Man's Dream"...and yes, I do buy tickets.

6. Start an eco-friendly business that pays employees well and becomes a sustainable operation for the planet and the work force.

7. Sit on a busy street and play my guitar and sing with a big bucket in front of me for tips...and large checks...from admirers who just can't help themselves from contributing to my future and the well-being of the planet once they have heard my dulcet tones and angelic strains.

8. Become a member of a highly sought after Think Tank. (Can you imagine being paid to just think?)

9. Serve on the boards of several large corporations who value my opinion and insight to improve their footprint on the planet...and the experience of the people who work for them.

10. Break a world record...in something...and live off the endorsement contracts.

Come on--help me out. What would Wanda do?

Thanks.
Wanda

2 comments:

Kapuananiokalaniakea said...

Ah, Wanda-love, I can't believe you forgot FLY!!

Imagine the money you would make if you could just
"fly like I do in my dreams...very much like swimming. I lift up on my toes and just keep lifting. Then my arms move in a modified breast stroke. No flapping. The air feels like air, yet my relationship to it is the same as when I am in water. The difference is I can breathe and my hair doesn't get wet. There are no obstacles and I don't get tired. Easy lift off. Easy landing.
I'll sign up as your first student!

Wanda said...

Oh. My. God. OF! COURSE! How quickly we forget. Thanks for being my memory.

As soon as I figure out how to do it, you will be my charter student. Promise.