Tuesday, February 16, 2010

who ya gonna call?


Government support in the fight against poverty is crucial. Yet the year [of travel and observation] taught us never to sit back and rely on such commitments. Our politicians, in the final analysis, will follow our lead, not vice versa.

~ Jeffrey Sachs ~
from his book The End of Poverty

Senators?

or

Representatives?

or maybe even

The President (and Vice-President).

And then there's your local government.

If you go here you can take your pick.

"...government of the people, for the people, by the people."


3 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

I must admit when I saw your title, the first thing that popped in my mind was "ghost busters". Catchy.

Over the weekend, I received an email encouraging people to call their senators and politicians regarding health care reform.

Oh Washington, what will you do?

joan said...

Call them all!...even ghostbusters!

Kapuananiokalaniakea said...

I have added "here" to my bookmarks in the hopes that I will someday learn how to live "government by the people".